Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A LITTLE MISCHIEF IS GOOD FOR YOU

Well it's been an eclectic time (please note my lack of usage of exclamation marks...a pet hatred of the Art Director, and, as he's agreed to refrain from speaking of himself in third person, I figure it's the least I can do). Maybe we should just change our blog name to eclectic nerve? No, we could lose our loyal, yet mute following and that would be a great shame. Stick with electric.
Since Sunday, I've done little to edit down the three hour interview which entrenched us in some creative and bizarre other realities and condense it into a three minute piece for Discovery. What a task. I had many realisations on Sunday whilst watching back the footage at Tod's house. One, Dan has a brilliant perspective for film, his height gives us an unbelievable edge. Two, Mistress Calista is truly a superb artist of B&D and has a most beautiful dungeon. Three, I'm probably a little too wild even for the Discovery channel and would probably make a better host on Art Director's new reality eating show. There were other realisations but they've all been wiped clean of my mind.
I stop and cast my mind back to the weekend, specifically the dungeon. I stop and think how lucky I am sitting here typing freely. It was touch and go there for a while, Mistress Calista became fond of me strapped up and shackled to her dungeon wall...I was wearing my favorite colours red and black, also the Mistress colours ... she said I looked good on her wall. Hanging around like that perfectly colour coordinated could have been my downfall, things could have ended differently. As a result, I feel much more empathetic toward our religious icon Jesus Christ, somewhat closer to him after that day. Its a bloody uncomfortable position even for forty minutes let alone eternity. Poor guy. I'm reminded of my date with a priest. I was actually completely relieved getting off the hook with that interview. I just call these things I do a life style...I don't know how the church looks upon such things. I'd probably still be there now repenting, repenting, parched, still repenting, horrified at the spectacle of Hail Marys dished out to me uponst confessing 15 years of being a sinner. I know my chances aren't looking too great when the Art Director goes to add a note to what he thinks is my list of things to do. The list goes: lust, gluttony, greed, blasphemy, adultery, wrath, ecetera, ecetera... Not my daily schedule at all... well it would be a busy day at least. Ooh what confusion! Is 'fucking hell' a blasphemy? Dan, Art Director & myself ponder, though become confused, to alleviate the thought we make a mess with some vodka whilst driving toward the church to mingle with the parishioners.
I came to a grand realisation today, I decided I don't want to work full time. At present I've been too busy meeting people, conducting interviews and causing general mischief. An old Indian man came into the surgery today. He's known me for years. I've been there for years. He could obviously see the devil in me, he said, You know my girl a little mischief is good, but a lot of mischief is bad for you. Hmmm curious, there's not really much you can say to that sort of comment. I was acting perfectly civilised at the time, it wasn't like I was stripping on a concoction of crack and lsd whilst utilising profane language, just admitting his dog... oh well. Yes, no full time work! I've been knocking back jobs left, right and centre. They're not left enough, just not right and uncentered. I amended my brilliant C.V (thank you to Kris) to include these things as my interests: Skating on thin ice, Mayan codices, Surrealism, Egyptian burial rituals (they involve eating people), space travel, cats, fiction, daily routines, doing ordinary everyday things with great care and attention to detail. Though you never know, maybe its just the angle I need to get the purrfect line of employment.
Mayhem OUT

No comments: